So we should be able to pull out a good many key scriptures at key points in our life. Even if you can’t memorize every word out of all 66 books, remember asmuch as is humanly possible.
Here are five verses we believe should unquestionably be part of your biblical vernacular.
1. Psalm 121:1 (KJV)- “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hill, from whence cometh my help.” Direct your gaze toward God, rather than the troubles you may face in this world.
2. John 3:16 (NIV)- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” When you are feeling as though you are of little worth, realize that God loved you enough to give up His one and only Son for you.
3. Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” When times get tough, or it feels as though God has asked you to do the impossible, remember that He is your strength.
4. 1 John 4:4. (KJV)- “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” When you’re in the midst of a struggle and don’t seem to be coming out on top, remember that God has already given you the victory!
5. Psalm 18:2. (NIV)- “The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” God is the fortress that guards you against the attacks of the enemy, the Rock that keeps you grounded, and the shield that protects you as you walk through the battlefield.These are just 5 of many biblical verses that will enrich your spirit and empower you in time of need