You are a compilation of your past experiences. There have been amazing times, awful times and lots of things in between. We try to have positive moments all the time, but it doesn’t always happen that way. We often define broken hearts, crushed dreams, get hurts and other obstacles as setbacks and nothing more. Hard times come for everybody, and crises are unavoidable. Still, you don’t have to panic in times of crisis. You can remain unbothered and confident that God is in control.
While that may seem too good to be true, it isn’t. You really don’t have to allow your peace to be disrupted. It’s a choice. Let Praisejamzblog help you remain cool, calm and collected in a storm with these seven strategies.
1) Fill yourself up with God’s word: Naturally, you are what you eat. Spiritually, the same is true. If you want to be strong and in a peaceful state of mind, immerse yourself in Scripture that reminds you of God’s power, protection and promises.
2) Limit cable news consumption: Fear, anger and sensationalism drives ratings for news networks, which is why they tend to focus on stories that make you fearful, upset and shocked. Set healthy boundaries by limiting the amount of time you spend consuming news that stirs up feelings of chaos within you.
3) Spend time in worship: Worshiping God shifts the atmosphere in your life despite what may be happening around you. Focusing on who God is, glorifying Him and meditating on His greatness has a tendency to make your problems seem smaller. Focus on Jesus who is the light, and leave your worries in the shadows.
4) Don’t forget about self-care: There are practical ways to foster a sense of calm right in your home. Making self-care a priority is a key to peacefulness. Taking bubble baths by candlelight, listening to soft jazz while eating a healthy and delicious snack, sipping on lavender tea and using aromatherapy, or listening to your favorite podcast or audio book are just a few things you can do to make you feel more peaceful.
5) Log off social media: Spending too much time on the Internet can be unhealthy and detrimental to your spirit. While there are some good, helpful resources online, there is also plenty of drama, negative news, gossip, bragging, and foolery that keeps you out of balance. Protect your peace by going tech-free for several hours of each day. Being engrossed in someone else’s life stops you from living your own.
6) Be unavailable: Every time your phone rings or dings, you don’t need to answer or check it. Just because you’re home doesn’t mean you’re available to talk. Letting others’ needs and wants dictate your schedule and monopolize your time can be mentally, spiritually, and emotionally draining. Don’t do it!
7) Write things down: You may have heard it more than once that journaling is good for you, and it’s so true. Writing down your feelings in a personal journal gives you a much-needed outlet to be totally transparent, and it helps you stay in touch with yourself. Furthermore, jotting down what you are thankful for each day helps you maintain a mindset of gratitude. We all know that being grateful also makes you feel more peaceful and happy.
These are just a few ways to stay peaceful, not just in a crisis but every day. Practice these 7 things, and you’ll be able to get through whatever comes your way without sacrificing your joy and peace of mind.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR QUICK UPDATES, CLICK HERE!